Friday 9 August 2013

Collective Haul: Skincare, High Waisted Shorts & More

Hello Hello! I've done quite a bit of shopping over the past week or two so I thought I'd show you a few of the things I purchased.



In ASDA last week I found myself down the cosmetics isle and some of the skincare products were on a 3 for £6 deal. I picked up the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, Kind to Skin Foaming Cleanser and the Refreshing Face Wash Gel. I really needed a new light moisturiser that didn't take too long to soak in for when I'm rushing around in the morning. The foaming cleanser was something I'd never really used before and I was ready for a new face wash so for £6 I was pretty pleased. The mini Loreal Elnett Satin hairspray is an essential for me when I do my hair for nights out and in the bag I take - I love this one because it adds volume to my fine hair! I couldn't resist as it was on offer for £2.50.


I went to Sallys for the first time and picked up some nail polishes. I don't see China Glaze and OPI too often but I fell in love with 'Fade into Hue' by China Glaze which as £6.98. On the right is 'My Private Jet' which is brown with some really tiny specks of glitter running through it. This one was on sale for £3.75 - bargain! 



I was in Newcastle last weekend and spotted a little vintage stall run by a lovely geordie guy on the gateshead quays. These vintage high waisted Levis were only £20 and fit like a glove. I've been looking for some vintage high waisted shorts for ages so couldn't leave these frayed light wash ones behind.


Aaaand in Topshop I found another pair of high waisted shorts! I'll need a few pair of shorts for my holiday soon and seen as I had student discount and £20 worth of vouchers I only had to pay £5.20 for these instead of their original price of £28. These are more figure fitting than the ones above and are rolled up rather than frayed giving a neater look compared to my others.

So there we have it! I was really pleased with my finds over the past week or so and even got really good deals on a lot of it which made it so much better! I can't wait to wear the shorts for the rest of summer and on my holiday and you better believe that as soon as I hit publish on this post I'll be whipping one of those nail polishes out, ha!

Thanks for reading,

Ellen x

8 comments:

  1. You cant go wrong with vintage high waisted shorts - my favourite finds :)

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shorts they're so nice :)

    www.rebeccacoco.blogspot.com

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post I am currently using the simple toner and love it :D xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nail polishes! My Private Jet was one of my first OPI colors a long long time ago haha. I still love it to this day!
    Mia ♡ Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shorts are beautiful! xx

    http://adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear,
    would you like to support each other's blogs via facebook and bloglovin? Or maybe you would like me to write a guest post at your blog? It is really sweet, congrats!

    Best wishes,
    Gabriella
    http://gabriellawolf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nail polishes!!

    Great post and a lovely blog!!

    Katrina X

    http://history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Simple line, It's so great and works wonders! :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete